We understand how important it is to our business customers to keep their information and employees safe, so we offer a suite of managed and professional solutions to help simplify security across an increasingly complex mix of devices in the workplace.
We offer tools that help protect fleets on the road, solutions that help protect information and data, and innovative technology that supports evolving businesses.
Tools to protect the fleet
For many businesses, their fleet is their lifeblood. Sprint is a leader in fleet management, enabling our business customers to harness the power of mobile solutions to cut their transportation and inventory costs, reduce their environmental footprint, and keep their drivers safer on the road.
- DriveCam is a video camera that records dangerous driving actions and notifies the driver's fleet manager. Video recording is initiated by excessive -forces exerted when an individual is driving dangerously.
- Usage-Based Insurance (UBI) is an integrated service launched by Sprint that enables insurance companies to offer customers personalized discounts based on their driving habits. A small device that plugs into the diagnostic port of the car captures data about the vehicle and driver behavior. A cloud-based system analyzes the data and translates it into a score that enables insurance carriers to assess the driver's risk, and provides policyholders with accurate and reliable driver data analytics.
- Hands-free accessories can help drivers stay safe behind the wheel. We offer a variety of hands-free accessories in retail stores and online.
- FleetSafer promotes the responsible use of Android™ and BlackBerry® smartphones. Sprint works with Aegis Mobility to help commercial fleet operators promote safe, legal and responsible use of mobile devices. FleetSafer is the first solution to help ensure compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) rules requiring mobile phone calls made by interstate truck and bus drivers to be both "one-touch" and hands-free. The application ensures that smartphones, tablets and select feature phones conform to FMCSA safety policies and best practices regarding texting, emailing or communicating while driving.
- Sprint Connected Fleet solutions allow managers to capture all the information they need to know about the location of their vehicles and other valuable assets, where they have been, and how they have been performing. For more information on Sprint Connected Fleet please visit http://m2m.sprint.com/m2m-solutions/connected-fleet.
Data management solutions
Sprint offers a portfolio of data management solutions that include secure cloud computing, hosted email, managed hosting and co-location services, and managed security. And we can help meet specific business challenges. Our Emerging Solutions Group has helped coordinate opportunities for developers and business partners to power their innovative M2M products on the Sprint network.
- Sprint Device Management delivers robust mobile device security and management capabilities across multiple carriers and operating systems with industry-leading companies such as AirWatch and Zenprise. These Sprint-billed solutions benefit businesses whose device security and management requirements go beyond the standard "out of the box" capabilities provided by basic operating system and application solutions.
- Sprint Professional Grade is a designation for select smartphones that offer robust "out of the box" security, device management and Exchange Active Sync capabilities. We understand many businesses depend on the inherent security capabilities of the devices they select for their work force, so we created the Sprint Professional Grade designation in collaboration with mobile device OEMs and application providers to identify smartphones with these tools and features.
- Exchange Active Sync (EAS): Staying in touch and having the flexibility to securely collaborate from a mobile device is a critical need in today's fast-paced business environment. Sprint Professional Grade devices have password policy support, calendar functions, remote wipe and other advanced EAS policies.
- Mobile device management: With the variety of devices and operating systems in use today, it is more important than ever for businesses to be able to closely manage administrator sync settings, alerts for noncompliance, security, software application and distribution, and hardware controls and configuration for the devices they use. Device management applications from industry-leading companies such as AirWatch and Zenprise are pre-certified on Sprint Professional Grade devices.
- Security, VPN and encryption: Businesses have a lot at stake in the battle to keep sensitive information secure. With Sprint Professional Grade devices, they can get the features and capabilities needed to help keep critical data safe, including encryption for data at rest and VPN support for remote connectivity.
- Total Equipment Protection: Sprint offers tools that allow customers to alarm, locate, lock, or wipe their mobile device if it is lost or stolen. With these same tools, we make it easier for customers to file claims.
M2M: next generation technology from Sprint
Sprint is at the forefront of the machine-to-machine (M2M) wireless industry revolution, collaborating with and supporting a large and diverse group of innovative companies to create smarter wireless solutions that change the way people work and live. Our Emerging Solutions Group provides a framework to power innovative M2M products on the Sprint network, establishing endless opportunities for you and your business.
- CheckVideo by Cernium uses the Sprint network to monitor and secure safe water for residents of South Carolina.
- VendScreen delivers nutritional data and advertising to displays mounted on vending machines and also collects real-time, point-of-sale data. This M2M technology allows consumers to view nutritional data while helping companies comply with new calorie disclosure laws.
To learn more about our M2M offerings, visit www.sprint.com/m2m
for a complete list of cloud, IT and security resources from Sprint.
Please visit the Sprint website
for a full list of applications specific to driver safety, surveillance and security.