At Sprint, we connect our company’s success with social progress by choosing corporate responsibility initiatives that are at the nexus of two main priorities:
- Influence on our business’s bottom line.
- Importance to our stakeholders (analysts, customers, employees, suppliers, partners and many more).
To identify such initiatives, we conduct a materiality assessment every two years. We determine social issues to evaluate, and then we plot them on a matrix. We do the same thing with environmental issues.
- The more valuable an issue is to our business, the further to the right it is on the horizontal axis.
- The more an issue matters to our stakeholders, the higher its position on the vertical axis.
In each matrix, the top right quadrant is the “sweet spot” that reveals the issues with the highest opportunity for shared value
between our company and society. These are our Good Works priorities.
Below are the results of our 2013 assessment.
- Hover over a data point to see the label, or hover over an item in the list to see its position on the matrix.
- To learn more about an issue, you can click on either its data point or its name in the list.
- To identify such initiatives, we conduct a materiality assessment every two years